Friday, August 29, 2008

bringin' it all home for me -- this here cd in digital formats by the one and only Tom Waits -- album name >> Closing Time -- striking a chord with me tonight and as of late --


stand -out lyrics for me subjectively:

"And those were the days of roses, poetry and prose
And Martha all I had was you and all you had was me
There was no tomorrows, we'd packed away our sorrows
And we saved them for a rainy day"

"Well I hope that I don't fall in love with you
Coz falling in love just makes me blue"

"Nobody's up except the moon and me"

"And I've been loving you, Rosie, since the day I was born
And I'll love you, Rosie, 'til the day I die
Rosie, why do you evade? Rosie, how can I persuade? Rosie..."

--the insomniac sleeps (suspended upside down in gravity boots)

No comments: